Perched in one of England’s most enviable seaside locations, the FJB Hotel Group is a collection of four unique 3* and 4* hotels, each with its own individual character and team of welcoming staff. Each hotel offers either stunning sea views or direct access to the world-famous Sandbanks beach – seven miles of prestigious blue flag awarded sand to get between your toes!
We aim to set ourselves apart from others with a level of service and attention to detail that is second to none and an atmosphere that can only be described as a home-from-home. We put the guest at the heart of everything we do.
Working in spectacular surroundings based on the exclusive Sandbanks peninsula, our 4* boutique Harbour Heights Hotel is looking to recruit an experienced Chef de Rang to join their team.
Main Responsibilities Include:
• Assisting restaurant management in the restaurant operation, service and administration in line with FJB Hotels’ policy and requirements of the hotel.
• To greet and seat guests on arrival to the restaurant in the same manner as restaurant management/host.
• Supervising and ensuring customer service excellence at all times both within the team and individually.
• Embracing, monitoring & ensuring service delivery standards are met with high attention to detail.
• Arranging effective and high quality response to all guests’ needs, resolving any issues to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Communicating excellently with the chefs and the Food and Beverage team, ensuring efficient delivery and quality product to all guests.
• Assisting in training new staff members.
• Responsible for and supervising the laying of tables for breakfast/lunch/dinner to the required standard.
• To know in detail the daily menu, specials and wine menu, advising guests on menu options and up selling where possible.
• Taking responsibility for the stock and cleanliness of Restaurant, Bar and other F&B areas.
• Experienced in quality Food and Beverage operations in a hotel environment – ideally at least 2 years experience in a similar position.
• Passionate about customer service excellence.
• Career-minded with a view to progress within the hospitality industry.
• Demonstrates confidence, flair and personality in service.
• Immaculate and professional presentation standards.
• Uses initiative and independence to overcome obstacles to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Extremely organized and efficient.
• Team player and independent thinker.
Successful candidates would be required to work to a rota which will include weekends, evenings and bank holidays on rotation.
Due to the location of the hotel, all applicants are required to have their own transport.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application.
Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Complimentary meals whilst on duty
Excellent progression opportunities
Staff discounts across the FJB Group
|Location:||Harbour Heights Hotel|
|Location:||Haven Hotel, Sandbanks Hotel|
|Location:||Harbour Heights Hotel, Haven Hotel|