The 4* Sandbanks Hotel, situated on the gorgeous Sandbanks peninsula, is looking to recruit experienced Night Porters to join their team.
We are looking for the best in customer service, if you’ve got experience working in hotels in customer facing roles and you are professional and confident then this could be for you.
The successful candidate would be required to work to a rota which will include weekends, evenings and bank holidays on rotation, on a Variable contract.
- To act as the hotels ambassador overnight and to maintain a high degree of responsibility at all times
- Take a handover from the late shift reception staff to ensure accurate communication of any problems / issues that may affect your shift.
- Close down and check that the PDQ’s balance
- Posting all outstanding dockets/revenue.
- Do revenue reconciliations to check all monies, room charges and allowances have been posted correctly and to the correct outlets
- To order newspapers and deliver to guest bedrooms.
- Maintain night audit log keeping records of mistakes revealed, alterations made, problems, findings etc.
- To welcome, complete registration details, show or direct guests to their rooms.
- Demonstrate ability to read given rooming lists so that no misunderstandings occur.
- To operate and re-stock a night bar facility, selling drinks to residents only.
- Operate and monitor security systems, lifts, cameras and video recorders throughout the shift.
- To ensure that public areas of the hotel are kept clean & tidy including cloakrooms
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene & appearance.
- Previous experience, ideally in a hotel or hospitality background.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be IT literate.
- A real passion for providing excellent customer services is a must.
- A great telephone manner.
- Knowledge of a guest booking system is a benefit although training will be provided.
Meals on Duty
- Watersports, food and beverage discounts – after a qualifying period
- On the job training
- Usage of the amazing Leisure Club (off peak)
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer within the Company
This role will require a basic DBS check.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application.
Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Due to the location of the Hotel – you will need to ensure you have means of transport to get to and from work.