Sandbanks Hotels Ltd. (FJB Hotels) is committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. We understand that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data and we value your trust in allowing us to do this in a careful and sensible manner.
This policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us whilst you use FJB Hotels, our websites, our dedicated telephone reservations line and any other FJB Hotels services. Whilst using our services and visiting our website you are consenting and agreeing to the practices outlined in this statement. FJB Hotels will always handle information in compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
We collect your data and personal information in the following ways
- Through our online services, when you visit our websites, make or manage a booking; use the ‘Contact us’ forms for an enquiry; subscribe to the newsletter; respond to a survey or competition; apply for a vacancy on FJB Careers website; enquire about or apply for a Corporate rate or credit facilities.
- Upon check-in at our receptions and when you experience our services including hotel amenities, food & beverage outlets, leisure centres, spas and other activities.
- Every time you contact us with your details by telephone, e-mail, post or otherwise.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We work closely with third parties (including business partners, booking agents, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, credit reference agencies and voucher provider) and may receive information about you from them which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide goods and services and to improve your experience with us. This will also ensure that the quality of personal data we have is maintained properly.
Personal identification information
- We will collect personal identification information from visitors only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
- Visitors may be asked for, as appropriate, name, e-mail address, birthdate, mailing address, phone number, credit card information and when required by law, passport number, visa and forwarding destination.
- Visitors can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except when required by law.
- Refusal of personal identification information may prevent visitors from engaging in certain related activities or services.
- Special category data, such as allergies and health conditions, are only obtained voluntarily and are used only to provide services you request.
Non-personal identification information
- We may collect non-personal identification information about visitors whenever they interact with our website.
- Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about visitor’s means of connection to our website, such as the operating system, the Internet service provider’s utilised and other similar information.
How we protect your information
- We adopt strict procedures appropriate to data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction or unlawful processing of your personal data.
- Sensitive and private data exchange between the online booking engine or the online job application engine and the data subject are encrypted and protected over a SSL secured communication channel.
We use your data and personal information in the following ways:
- To provide services and information you have requested such as to facilitate payments, reservations, send administrative correspondence, to assist you with meetings, events or celebrations and provide you with other information about products, services, the area and the hotel at which you are scheduled to stay.
- To continually improve your customer experience, improve our offerings and update our records. We may also contact you to ask about your experience using our hotels and services as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement.
- To send you, with your permission, marketing communications, promotional offers, recommended products and services that might be of interest to you. If you do not agree to receive this information, you may opt out from receiving future information at any time; see “the opt-out” section of this policy.
- To allow you to participate in competitions and other activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention (including through the use of closed-circuit television, keys card, and other security systems), developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying ours services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- For corporate clients, we will from time to time send electronic marketing messages to the company’s e-mail addresses provided by the clients or the client’s company to promote FJB Corporate and conferencing facilities and related benefits. In our electronic marketing messages, we will provide opportunities for member companies, individual employees of a member company, sole traders and partnerships who have signed up as a company in the application process to choose not to receive further marketing messages from FJB Hotels.
Non-disclosure to third parties
- The information and data we collect are important to FJB Hotels and we would not want to share this with anyone else. Unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes.
- We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business, the website and to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters, surveys or delivering e-mails. We may share your personal data with them in order that we can carry out certain functions, such as communicating about an enquiry, processing your order and to assist with the general running of our site. Whilst certain third parties are based outside of the European Economic Area, they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the United States of America. We may also share your personal data with third party website agencies where this is necessary for us to carry out our obligations to you. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Assisting you in navigation;
- Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analysing your use of our products, services or applications;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts. (including behavioural advertising)
- A detailed list of the cookies we use on our websites is available here. Our websites are scanned with our cookie scanning tool regularly to maintain a list as accurate as possible.
- Whilst cookies may identify you as a user of the websites, your personal details are not stored or used to individually identify you and the cookie cannot access or store any personal information which you have not provided to the websites during your visit. They are also not able to put malicious software or viruses on your computer or change the operation of your equipment.
- We will never share any personal information about you with these third parties and the cookies used to maintain your anonymity.
- To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that you will need to manage each browser on each device that you access the internet with separately.
Opt out/Data quality/Access/Retention
- We will always ask your permission before sending you e-mail marketing information. This ensures you only receive information that you have given us permission to send and are willing to receive. If your company is a member of the FJB Corporate Loyalty Club we will send electronic marketing messages to the email addresses provided by the member company to promote the FJB Corporate Loyalty Club and related benefits.
- We provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive marketing communications from us. On promotional e-mails, we always provide an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the e-mail which will unsubscribe you from that service. If you wish to opt out with respect to more than one e-mail address, you must complete a separate request for each e-mail address. To withdraw from any other marketing communications please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ of receiving communications from us which relate to your bookings/transactions. This ensures we can always contact you in the event of a circumstance that affects your stay with us, or any other services such as food and beverage outlets, spas, leisure centres and any other activities.
- We will retain your information in line with our data retention policy.
Your acceptance of these terms
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998), the controller of all information collected on this website is:
Sandbanks Hotel Ltd
Data Control Officer
15 Banks Road
If you wish to make a subject access request or to exercise any other rights in relation to your personal information this can be done by contacting us in writing at the address provided above. Our security procedures do mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal data.
Sandbanks Hotel Ltd. 5th Floor, Waverley House, 115-119 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8DY.
This policy was last updated on 20th October 2020.